Wear it with ease and comfort
It's easy to get lost in the world of virtual reality because the Gear VR is engineered to feel lighter than it actually is. It's also designed to feel comfortable no matter your facial structure, while the foam cushioning offers a natural hold as it blocks light from seeping in.
For a more comfortable and interactive VR experience
Control Comes Naturally
Use the Gear VR controller as a remote control to navigate your virtual reality with ease or use it as a gamepad complete with trigger to win battles. The controller's shaped to be used naturally with one hand.
See the big picture
It's a clearly superior virtual reality experience with the wide 101° field of view through the large lens and the smooth and precise head tracking via the built-in gyro sensor and accelerometer.
Party in virtual rooms
Whether you and your friends are worlds apart or practically next door neighbors, Oculus Rooms and Parties are a convenient and fun way to spend time together. Put on your Gear VRs and set up an Oculus Room to engage in deep discussions or simply just hang out.
It doesn't matter whether your Galaxy smartphone uses Micro USB or USB Type-C connection. Simply attach the port you need to your Gear VR, and your're all set to head into the world of virtual reality.
- 207.8 x 122.5 x 98.6 mm
Lens (Field of view (FOV) / Interpupilary distance (IPD) / Eye Relief)
- 101˚ / 62mm (fixed) / 10mm
- Sampling rate 1000Hz
- Gyroscope / Accelerometer (Sampling rate : 1KHz), Proximity sensor
- USB Type-C & micro USB
- Galaxy S8, S8+, S7, S7 edge, Note5, S6 edge+, S6, S6 edge
Additional USB Port
- USB Type-C for power connection, OTG USB Memory, 3rd-party controller
- Gyroscope / Accelerometer / Magnetic (Sampling Rate : 208Hz)
- 3-color LED * 1ea
- AAA Battery * 2ea (1000mAh, up to 40 days when used on average 2 hours a day)
- BT 4.2 BLE private profile
- Android Lollipop 5.0 or later