Capture without blur
The smartphone camera with advanced movement and colour capture. So life looks as beautiful as it is.
Our new crown jewel
Xperia XZ perfects the fundamentals of a great smartphone. Packed with innovations in technology, it boasts a photo-pro’s camera, an intelligent battery and smart features that adapt to you. And it’s all delivered in a stunning, evolved design.
Our camera know-how, in a smartphone
The camera with three times the precision
Xperia XZ comes loaded with the advanced photography technologies you recognize from other Xperia smartphones. We’ve also added triple image sensing technology to analyse, adapt and capture perfect shots in challenging conditions.
- Imaging sensor - Predicts movement to keep your subject in focus, and capture without blur.
- Laser AF sensor - Measures the distance to the object and delivers sharp images in challenging light conditions.
- RGBC-IR sensor - Measures visible colour and IR info to adjust white balance and capture naturally vibrant colours.
Life moves fast. Here’s the camera to match.
Capture moving objects in any light without blur
Life’s best subjects are rarely still for long. Xperia XZ allows you to capture even moving objects – before the moment passes you by. Bringing together the power of an imaging sensor and a laser autofocus sensor, you can freeze movement in the sharpest detail, even when the light is low.
Colours that beg for #nofilter
True-to-life colours in any light
Our RGBC-IR sensor delivers incredibly accurate colours, whether you’re in bright sun or indoors. It analyses and adapts to any light, reproducing colours just as you see them. So your pictures don’t need any extra punch before sharing.
Perfectly tailored to life
Xperia XZ’s uncluttered design is meant to fit seamlessly into your life. The soft, rounded form is comfortable to hold, while the stunning colours are designed to suit your style.
It's only water
Sony's water resistant1 design takes the worry out of a little wet. Xperia XZ is built to withstand the splashes that are a part of everyday life. So you can relax about sudden spills or unexpected showers.
The phone that gets smarter every day
Xperia XZ is the smartphone that gets smarter and more personal as you use it. It learns and adapts based on how you use your phone, giving you the best smartphone experience to date.
Charging can take a toll on your battery but unlike most smartphones, Xperia XZ uses intelligent charging to prevent battery decline. It learns your charging patterns and adapts to them, resulting in up to twice the battery lifespan.2
Memory and storage
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB eMMC (Single SIM)*
- Up to 256 GB microSD™ card
- Single SIM
- Nano SIM
- Google™ Android™ N
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 820, 64-bit processor
- 2900 mAh
- Qnovo Adaptive Charging
- Battery Care
- STAMINA mode
- Quick Charge
- Corning® Gorilla® Glass
- 146 x 72 x 8.1 mm
- Forest Blue
- Mineral Black
- 5.2" Full HD 1080p
- TRILUMINOS™ display for mobile
- X-Reality® for mobile picture engine
- Dynamic Contrast Enhancement
- 23 MP
- Triple image sensing technology
- Predictive Hybrid Autofocus
- Fast Capture
- Low-light photo: up to ISO 12800
- 1/2.3” Exmor RS™ for mobile image sensor
- 24mm wide Sony’s award-winning G Lens
- 5x Clear Image Zoom
- The BIONZ® for mobile image-processing engine
- SteadyShot™ with Intelligent Active Mode (5-axis stablization)
- 4K video recording
- HDR photo
- 13 MP
- 1/3.06” Exmor RS™ for mobile image sensor
- Low-light photo: up to ISO 6400
- 22Mm wide-angle lens f2.0
- GSM GPRS/EDGE (2G)
- UMTS HSPA+ (3G)
- LTE (4G) Cat 9
- A-GNSS (GPS + GLONASS)****
- Wi-Fi Miracast
- Bluetooth® 4.2 wireless technology
- DLNA Certified®
- Google Cast™
- Fast and secure unlock
- High-Resolution Audio (LPCM, FLAC, ALAC, DSD)
- DSEE HX
- Digital Noise Cancellation
- Clear Audio+
- S-Force Front Surround
- Stereo recording
- PS4™ Remote Play
- Movie Creator
- What’s New
- Sound Photo
- AR Effect
- Style Cover Touch SCTF10
- Style Cover Stand SCSF10
- Quick Charger UCH12W
- USB Type-C Charging Dock DK60
- High-Resolution Audio Headset MDR-NC750
- * Memory comprises approximately 10.5 GB of firmware, plus 21.5 GB of “Internal storage” for music, pictures, and movies, and downloaded applications and their data.
- *** Xperia XZ is water resistant and protected against dust, so don’t worry if you get caught in the rain or want to wash off dirt under the faucet water, but remember all ports and attached covers should be firmly closed. You should not put the device completely underwater; or expose it to seawater, salt water, chlorinated water, or liquids such as drinks. Abuse and improper use of device will invalidate warranty. The device has been tested under Ingress Protection rating IP65/68. For more info, see www.sonymobile.com/waterresistant. Note the Xperia XZ has a capless USB port to connect and charge. The USB port must be completely dry before charging.
- **** This service is not available in all variants or markets.