- Cloud : Connected to a proven, advanced cloud network 24/7 so you can check data anytime and anywhere.
- Push Notifications : Get immediate alerts when PM2.5, temperature and humidity levels are dangerous.
- Accurate : Hyperlocal real-time data at your location instead of regional averages.
- Analysis : Get data across different locations to understand trends, identify pollution hot spots or observe improvements over time.
Do you know what you’re breathing? Global air pollution problems are getting worse. Mass manufacturing, heavy industry, burning fossil fuels and the use of agricultural chemicals are contributing to rising levels of harmful PM2.5 particles in the air. Recent WHO estimates put the annual death toll from air-pollution related conditions at around 7 million people. And the figure is forecast to keep rising. Recommend average annual PM2.5 levels are around 10 μg/m3, but developing countries often exceed 30 – 40 μg/m3 and an increase of just 5 μg/m3 can increase risk of cardiovascular disease by 55%. According to the WHO, air pollution is the world’s single greatest environmental health risk.
Edimax AirBox is a brand new and exclusive air-quality detection system to help protect you from increasingly dangerous levels of pollution. Featuring PM2.5, temperature and humidity sensors along with free mobile app and cloud data analysis, the air quality detectors monitor harmful PM2.5 particle levels in the air and provide real-time local and city-wide data. Take precautions when levels are dangerous, know when to wear face masks or avoid outdoor activities, and keep yourself and your family safe.
Air Quality Detection with Real-time Reports
Accurate real-time automatic monitoring of PM2.5, temperature and humidity, with intuitive displays and real-time air-quality reports delivered by the free EdiGreen mobile companion app.
24/7 Remote Access and Push Notifications
Check data anytime and anywhere and get immediate alerts when PM2.5, temperature and humidity levels are dangerous. Connected to a sophisticated, reliable and proven Edimax cloud network, the EdiGreen app is connected 24/7 and works seamlessly with AirBox.
Big Data & Analysis
AirBox data is collected, processed and analyzed in Edimax’s advanced cloud system. Check historical data across different locations to understand trends, identify pollution hot spots or observe improvements over time, sourcing up-to-date hyperlocal data from AirBoxes deployed around your city.
Compared with other EPA approved equipment, the EdiGreen PM sensor achieved a steady and accurate ratio reading within the USA, Taiwan, Korea and UAE.
Please find more details of the field evaluation report of Edimax (Edimax AirBox / Edimax EdiGreen Home) from the Air Quality Sensor Performance Evaluation Center (AQ-SPEC) program, which is established by the South Coast Air Quality Management District (SC-AQMD).
*Maximum performance, actual data rates, and coverage will vary depending on network conditions and environmental factors.
*Actual viewing resolution and frame rate of network cameras depend on connection speed.
*Product specifications and design are subject to change without notice.
|Wi-Fi||IEEE 802.11 b/g/n|
|Wi-Fi Security||WPA / WPA2 Personal|
|Antenna Type||1 Internal Antenna|
|Event Notification||Push Notification|
|PM2.5 Sensor||0~500+μg/m3, min.0.3μm|
|Humidity Sensor||0 ~ 100% RH, ±5% RH|
|Temperature Sensor||0 ~ 60°C ±1°C|
|Power Adapter||Micro USB Power Port x 1,
DC 5V 1A
|Operating Temperature||0 ~ 50°C|
|Dimensions||150mm x 110mm x 47 mm|
Installation Reminder / Safety Guide
- Must be in locations with good air circulation.
- Must be vertically positioned for proper air intake to achieve cross ventilation.
- The air inlet must be kept clear and should be rechecked regularly.
- Must be in locations close to a power supply and have good Wi-Fi internet signal capable of connecting to the Internet.
- Must be in well ventilated semi-outdoor spaces such as eaves of a house, verandah, balcony, porch, covered patios, etc..
- Must not be installed in locations that are subject to extremes of humidity or temperature such as near fire or other heat sources.
- Must not be installed in locations that are subject to extreme weather conditions such as typhoon, heavy rain or dust storm; or it must be sheltered from the conditions.
- Must not be installed in locations directly exposed to sunlight or reflected light source.
- Must not be installed in corrosive environments such as in environments with salty, acidic or basic air, or places with storage of corrosive liquids.
- Must be placed at least 100cm above ground.
- Do not inject gas, contaminants, or smoke directly into the unit.
- It is recommended to keep a 150m distance between each unit to achieve map positioning and air quality data accuracy.