The Gemini RE11 Home Wi-Fi Roaming Kit contains two RE11S AC1200 dual-band Wi-Fi extenders designed to upgrade and extend your Wi-Fi without replacing your existing router. The two RE11S extenders build an intelligent Wi-Fi roaming mesh network with a single SSID (network name). They automatically detect and switch your device to the best available Wi-Fi signal for a more natural, seamless experience. You can move freely in your home without signal drops or switching between SSIDs.
Designed for fast and reliable home Wi-Fi, the Gemini RE11 Kit features 802.11ac supercharged speed. Just plug and play to instantly upgrade an 11n network to dual-band 11ac wireless with speeds up to 1200Mbps (300Mpbs on 2.4GHz + 867Mbps on 5GHz) – ideal for video streaming. Additionally, designed for easy home Wi-Fi, the RE11S is a 3-in-1 device that can function as a Wi-Fi Extender, Access Points or Wi-Fi Bridge depending on your home Wi-Fi requirement. And it works with any router – easy!
Smarter Wi-Fi with a Single Network
Fast, reliable roaming for a seamless connection while you move around your home. No hassle with switching SSIDs (network name). The RE11S uses the same SSID and automatically switch intelligently.
Stronger Signal for Connected Homes
RE11S extenders keep detecting the Wi-Fi signal quality for your Wi-Fi devices, and ensure they’re always connected to the best Wi-Fi signal.
Faster 802.11ac Speeds Ideal for Streaming
Upgrade your single-band 2.4GHz Wi-Fi to 802.11ac dual-band Wi-Fi with 5GHz ideal for video streaming. Get the latest 11ac technology with high-speed capacity up to 1200Mbps (N300 + AC867Mbps), and extend both 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless connections at the same time.
Easy Plug & Play Upgrade for Your Home 11n Router to 11ac
Just plug in the Edimax RE11S to upgrade your single-band 2.4GHz Wi-Fi to dual-band with better coverage, without replacing your router and with zero configuration required. *AP mode only.
Smart 3-in-1 Wi-Fi Extender, Access Point and Wi-Fi Bridge
The RE11S can work as Wi-Fi extender, access point or Wi-Fi bridge. Just configure the mode you need for your network environment using the smart iQ Setup wizard and enjoy surfing the web.
Smart iQ Setup
Features user-friendly browser-based iQ Setup for smart, automatic and quick installation. iQ Setup automatically detects the available Wi-Fi networks nearby and helps you establish a connection in a few seconds.
*Wi-Fi Extender mode only.
Universal Compatibility, Works with Any Wi-Fi Router
Universal compatibility and easy web-based iQ Setup for quick and easy installation.
Designed with a detachable 3dBi dual-band antenna, to provide flexibility and high performance connections for your wireless network.
Green Wi-Fi Power Switch
Featuring a new hardware switch to adjust between normal and green Wi-Fi transmit power (the strength of the Wi-Fi signal), or switch off the power with one click. If you only need Wi-Fi in a smaller house, you can switch to green mode to reduce power by 75% and conserve energy.
Friendly Signal-Strength Indicator
Designed with a signal strength LED which lets you see the Wi-Fi signal strength received from the router* and guides you to find the best setup location.
*Wi-Fi Extender or Wi-Fi bridge mode only.
- 16-language user interface
- Upgradable firmware
- Multi-Language iQ Setup (browser interface)
- Hardware WPS Button
- 10-90% (Non-condensing)
- 59 (W) x 91 (H) x 40 (D) mm (power plug & antennas are excluded)
Wireless Standards & Data Rates
- IEEE 802.11 ac (up to 867Mbps)
- IEEE 802.11 n (up to 300Mbps)
- IEEE 802.11 a (up to 54Mbps)
- IEEE 802.11 g (up to 54Mbps)
- IEEE 802.11 b (up to 11Mbps)
- 64/128-bit WEP,WPA-PSK and WPA2-PSK encryption
- 802.1 x authentication, User access control (in access point mode)
- WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup)
- 2 x External Detachable antennas
- 0 ~ 40°C (32-104°F)
- 1 x 10/100/ 1000Mbps Ethernet LAN port
- 1 x Slide Switch
- 1 x WPS button
- 2 x External Detachable Antennas
- LEDs: 5GHz, 2.4GHz, Signal Indicator, Wireless, Power, WPS, LAN
- 1 x AC plug (EU,UK,US or AU)
- Existing wireless home network (2.4GHz/5GHz) for Wi-Fi extender/Wi-Fi bridge mode, or cable/DSL modem router for access point mode
- Computer with IEEE802.11ac/a/b/g/n Wi-Fi capability and web browser for software configuration (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera or Safari latest version)
- Built in AC100-240V, 0.16A 50-60Hz power module
- Two RE11S Wi-Fi range extenders
- One Ethernet cable
- Quick installation guide
- CD with multi-language QIG and user manual
- Access key card